Terms and Conditions
- 1. Teachers are allocated to you according to your linguistic needs and your geographical location. All teachers are vetted by Mandarin Chinese Ltd and are guaranteed to be qualified to the appropriate levels.
- 2. Any changes in class size, training conditions, or frequency of courses must by made directly with Mandarin Chinese Ltd, and not with your teacher.
- 3. Materials supplied by your teacher are owned by Mandarin Chinese Ltd, excluding course books and course work.
- 4. The client must treat teachers with respect. The teacher has the right to withdraw from training if unprofessional or discourteous behaviour is in evidence or if the client is unfit for the lesson due to illness or other factors.
- 6. Please notify Mandarin Chinese Ltd immediately if there are any problems relating to either course content and/or your teacher. We want you to enjoy your learning, and the sooner you signal any dissatisfaction, the sooner we can move to rectify problems.
- 7. Teacher delays due to transport problems will be rescheduled or (with the client's consent) the time will be made up at the end of the lesson. Client delays may not be made up (except by individual arrangement with the teacher).
- 8. Teachers are on assignment from Mandarin Chinese Ltd, and as such may not be ‘poached’ by the client. Failure to comply may result in a civil action.
- 9. Clients will ensure that any premises (work or home) used for classes conform to basic Health & Safety standards.
- 10. Location changes must be advised to Mandarin Chinese Ltd at least 24 hours in advance with the agreement of the teacher. Increased travel expenses due the change are billed to the client.
- 1. All fees are to be paid in full either by bank transfer or cheque prior to the start of the course. The client is required to make arrangements to settle the account immediately. Failure to do so will result in withdrawal from the course.
- 2. Once tuition has started no refunds are made if the lessons are cancelled by the client before the end of the course. Lessons can be rescheduled for alternative dates at no charge as long as the client provides 24 hours notice.
Cancellations and Refunds
- 1. Our classes/courses are planned for a limited number of students. For this reason we regret that fees/deposits are not refundable 5 working days prior to the start of the course. Also, no partial refund can be granted for classes not attended. Mandarin Chinese Ltd cannot accept any responsibility for unforeseen changes in the client's circumstances that may prevent attendance.
- 2. All cancellations and request for refunds must be received in writing or by email by Mandarin Chinese Ltd at least 5 working days before the start of the course. The following charges will apply:
- If payment is received more than 10 working days before the start of course then 10% of the total course fee will be charged
- If payment is received more between 5 and 10 working days before the start of course then 30% of the total course fee will be charged
- 3. Course fees or deposits will be fully refunded if a course is cancelled due to an insufficient number of students or for any other reason beyond our control.
- 4. If you need to cancel a lesson due to illness, holiday or other reasons, then please get in touch with your tutor directly. Please note that lessons cancelled within 24 hours for whatever reason will be charged at the full lesson rate.
- 1. Clients will be informed no less than 5 working days prior to the scheduled start date of a course whether the course will go a head or not.